PADI Open Water Course
Three Days – Six Premium Boat Dives THB 14,000 – All inclusive
Unearth a whole new aquatic world with the PADI Open Water Course, Phuket with Sirolodive. Leap into crystal clear waters, warm temperatures and beautiful surroundings while at the same time completing the first PADI recognized certification in recreational diving allowing you to dive all over the world. The PADI Open water course, Phuket takes just 3 days and is a sequence of theory, pool and open water dives – the compulsory number of open water dives to become certified is four, however at Sirolodive you would receive a total of six dives, an additional two are complimentary, allowing you to enjoy the ocean as a certified Open Water diver which shapes up your confidence underwater, and boosts newly learned skills like buoyancy and equipments handling..
The PADI Open Water Course, Phuket coaches divers the essential foundational knowledge and skills they need to dive with a buddy, self-reliant without supervision. We also make sure there is a good mix of dive sites to widen your dive experience, including a day trip to dive at Koh Phi Phi & Shark Point, where there is a possibility of seeing Sharks and Turtles. Also a day at Racha Noi & Yai where the visibility is usually superb, with beautiful corals, incredible marine life and there’s a slight chance you may see Giant Manta Rays based upon the conditions. Other dive sites would include Anemone Reef and King Cruiser Wreck for those divers who are deemed fit and ready by our PADI professional staff.
What to expect on your PADI Open Water Course, Phuket with Sirolodive
Day 1 – You will be picked up around 8:30am and brought to Sirolodive’s office in Chalong. Here you will be introduced to your PADI Instructor who will coach and dive with you over the three days. The morning will be spent in the classroom where you will view a few required PADI Open Water course videos and get to master basic dive theory with your designated Instructor. After lunch you will be taken to the swimming pool where you will learn the practical skills required for the Open Water course with your Instructor – skills include clearing water from a flooded mask, regulator recovery, putting on your equipments in the correct order, learning to breathe underwater and buoyancy control. Our groups are small for courses, your day would end anywhere between 4-6 Pm where we would drop you off at your hotel.
Day 2 & 3 – The next 2 days would be spent on the boat. Sirolodive’s staff would pick you up from your hotel at 7:15am and bring you to our Diving Boat. Your first diving day would be at Racha Islands due to the ease of dive site, calm waters and very clear visibility with sandy bottoms for proceeding with your skills. Your Instructor will give you a full brief of the dive site ahead of all dives, what to expect to see and a revision of the skills you’ve mastered in the pool which you will complete in open water. Each day you will complete a total of three dives at the dive sites, the last two are complimentary so you can enjoy the beautiful underwater world as a qualified open water diver.
You would be a qualified Open Water Diver after your fourth dive which is the first dive on Day 3.
Our PADI Open Water Course, Phuket Includes:
- All Padi Materials, fees, certification and equipments
- First day Pool dive
- Sirolodive’s PADI Open Water Course includes Six dives where students will scuba dive at Racha Yai, Racha Noi, Phi Phi Islands and King Cruiser Wreck
- Complimentary Hotel Pickup and Dropoff on all days to most locations.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and refreshments on the boat on the 2nd/3rd day of your course.
- Complimentary Sirolodive T-shirt which can be collected from our Dive Center in Chalong
What’s not included:
- Underwater photos and video may be possible from dive staff on the boat as an optional extra, usually 1,000 THB per day
- Pickup/Dropoff additional charges will apply for locations from Surin onwards to Maikhao beach or the North of Phuket
- 600 Baht Per Person in Park Fees for Phi Phi Islands only, payable directly to Park officials when they come on board in Phi Phi Islands.
Minimum Requirements for the PADI Open Water course, Phuket:
- Students will need to be 10 years or older to enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or PADI Junior Open Water Diver course, and 13 years old if they wish to use the PADI eLearning due to international internet laws.
Be able to swim. – **Please note that you will need to know how to swim for 200 metres (any stroke) or swim with mask, fin and snorkel as well as float/tread water for 10 minutes. This is mandatory to pass the course**
- Be ready to have fun!
- Be in general good health
- Free of any heart conditions, if you do, please inform our staff immediately
- Complete and sign the PADI Open Water course Medical Statement.
- (You can view a copy of the medical statement HERE)
Why choose Sirolodive for your Open Water Course in Phuket?
- We offer the most competitive prices and offer more value for whats been paid in terms of free added services we provide to our customers.
- We were the first Phuket dive centre to base our business model on offering excellent customer service.
- We have our own Dive Boat, M/V SIROLO which offers us flexibility in operations and management of each dive, ensuring customer satisfaction and safety above all. You could view our Boat here
- Our instructions are of great quality with excellent skillset speaking various languages to serve you best.
- Our instructors are permanent staff with Sirolodive and we do not hire freelancers, thus ensuring that you’re in the hands of a professional who has your fun and safety in mind above all things.
- Ensuring safety is the number one priority, our Instructors give our PADI course divers as much freedom and independence as possible during the dive, while being alert and close by to offer assistance if needed.
- We replace and maintain our equipment regularly
- We prefer small groups of students and divers per instructor
- Our refund policies are a Full Refund requested 24 hours prior to your dive date, the best refund policy that is offered by any dive center in phuket.